.

The means ARE the ends

Thursday, November 13, 2003

Spearhead

I 'discovered' Spearhead last year sometime and just love his music! I was listening to the album Home (1994) this morning and was amazed at the talent for putting socially conscious lyrics/poetry to great music. Michael Franti (Spearhead's front man) was part of a one-album group called the Disposable Heroes of Hiphoprisy - cool name!

I like that word: Hiphoprisy


On to other thoughts - here are two things I need to begin researching about Portland: riding (dressage preferably) and the local STC. I just checked out the Portland area STC (Williamette Valley) and it looks great! I'm pretty psyched about getting involved with them - maybe I'll actually be motivated to begin updating my other blog. It looks like there are some dressage oriented barns and trainers in the area so I'll have some stuff to check out.

I've also begun apartment shopping and looking at car/motorcycle transportation companies. I'm going to take as little with me as possible so perhaps I'll just end up shipping via UPS.

Speaking my peace @ 7:46 AM [link this]

Thoughts? |