.

The means ARE the ends

Monday, November 10, 2003

School of Rock

I saw this movie a couple of weeks ago (went by myself) and it was a blast! Jack Black has been one of my faves ever since I saw him on Mr. Show (with Bob and Dave) and then on the show Tenacious D (produced by David Crosby from Mr. Show) - short lived but cool. Of course, who could forget his fab performance in High Fidelity either? And, lest I forget, his incredible duo - Tenacious D! More info on Tenacious D - I couldn't find anything on their short HBO show...

At any rate - here are my comments on the movie: Wonderful, funny, fabulous and amazingly entertaining! Jack Black does something I have rarely seen when there are kids involved in a movie - he doesn't just use the kids as a foil for his own performance, he manages to make them part of the movie. I love that and it worked incredibly well. Probably the fact that he spoke to them like people and listened to them with respect helped. Also, he didn't do what a lot of adults do with kids - didn't blow off their suggestions.

Anyway - enough of singing the praises of Jack Black...he's just the best :)

Speaking my peace @ 4:58 AM [link this]

Thoughts? |