.

The means ARE the ends

Tuesday, September 30, 2003

Boredom abounds! I hate hate HATE working past about 4:00. I'm a waste after then anyway, even if I do come in late. This 6-7 meeting stuff can't happen again - at least I hope it can't! That's what comes from working with people who are fantically dedicated to their jobs and you're not. In fact, I have no stake in my job at all - I don't really care what I do as long as I can make the money I need to make to have what I want. Perhaps that will change after I get a job in an area I truly care about - who knows?

I'd almost prefer it this way, however. To have no emotional investment in work and be able to pour all that feeling into my outside pursuits - including volunteer work and activism. That would be great! That way I could really focus my energy on the important stuff, only directing the minimal energy necessary to work. Work shouldn't be the driving force in my life, only the force that brings me what I need to do the things I want to do!

Fitness routine is going well, I've probably lost 15-20 lbs and I feel great! Actually, I'm pissed because I may not have enough energy after this long ass day to go work out. I certainly won't be able to go riding at 8:00 tonight!

Speaking my peace @ 3:00 PM [link this]

Thoughts? |