.

The means ARE the ends

Wednesday, November 17, 2004

Vomit-inducing rant

Why do these kinds of political maneuverings still have the power to shock me? I mean, really, wouldn't you think that I'd realize that politicians are mainly a bunch of power-hungry, narcissistic, shit-eating, self-absorbed, narrow-minded, bigoted asshats? I guess what surprises me most is that they still try to pretend that they're following the rules.

Why the fuck even bother passing a law that says Tom DeLay can keep his seat, even though he's being investigated for major fund raising violations? Why fucking bother? He's gonna stay there anyway, as long as the ruling party lets him. The laws don't mean jackshit as far as that group of criminals is concerned. Aside from the absolutely reprehensible and abhorrent behavior, that's what disgusts me most; that they try to make us believe they have some respect for the law and for our democracy.

They have no respect for anything or anyone (even themselves) and it makes me sick to read about or hear them pretending they do. They'll keep any degenerate in power as long as it doesn't disrupt their status quo and power games. Anyone.

But all those disgusting and corrupt powerbrokers have been sent an extremely clear message by this last election: Anything you do is okay as long as you can appear friendly and likeable to the majority of the American public. Even getting caught isn't a big deal if you can find the right PR firm to represent you. That's right - PR firm. Lawyers aren't necessary because your buddies in the game will just change the rules so you don't have to worry about the laws. Just make sure your image remains strong.

And fuck all you Texans who voted for that unethical asshat. You should be ashamed but I'm sure you aren't. If you had any sense of ethics you would have demanded he step down, at least during the investigation. Instead, you fucking voted him back into office. Fuck ya'll.

And for all of you who might be tempted to scold me for being hasty and overgeneral in assuming that all politicians are corrupt shitheads, fuck you too. I'm pissed and I'm fucking sick of seeing these lunatics staking their claims to power at the expense of my country and my freedoms. I'm goddamn sick and tired of hearing about them do NOTHING but twist and corrupt our judicial system in an effort to bring themselves more influence and more money - with an almost complete disregard for the welfare of the people who live here.

Most of all, I'm so fucking sick and tired of hearing them pretend that they're doing it for us and that the problems are with the system. System shistem. The people in the system are the ones who are supposed to have enough courage, ethical nature, and wisdom to rebel and speak out when the system seems to be broken. Those fuckers don't want it fixed.

How can anyone who claims to be a decent human being live with themselves knowing that they're hijacking the freedoms and lives of millions to serve their own selfish interests? There isn't a word strong enough to describe my contempt and disgust for politicians at the moment.

Speaking my peace @ 6:03 AM [link this]

Thoughts? |