.

The means ARE the ends

Monday, September 20, 2004

Save me

For those of you who don't know, I'm a mentor in Portland State's University Studies program. I have a wonderful faculty partner (dwillia) and I'm eagerly looking forward to sitting in on the main class and facilitating mentor sessions. So why am I writing this post? What's so exciting about my little update? Simply that I currently being subjected to an excrutiating leadership video called "Bringing Out the Leader in You".

argh. It is every bit as bad as the title inidicates. It's also old - showing Bush Sr. occasionally in a 'leadership' role. I cannot even imagine being forced to endure this video as a student. I know I'm gonna be checking out as soon as the Play button is pushed. I'm going to speak with dwillia and see if we can possibly avoid showing this. The only leadership trait it brings out in me is urge to lead the stampede out the door.

By the way, I'm also indulging in some Safeway chocolate-mint cookies. They're not thin, but they're minty and chocolaty and definitely yummy!

Speaking my peace @ 6:16 PM [link this]

Thoughts? |