.

The means ARE the ends

Wednesday, July 28, 2004

Unfiltered

I just want to say how much I LOVE Air America's Unfiltered.  They're at the convention this week, Chuck D and Liz are onsite, Rachel's in NY in the studio.  Today, Chuck D. Davey D, and Aaron McGruder were talking about the hip hop presence at the convention and how the Democrats pretty much ignored them.  Although I'm only of the hip hop generation peripherally, I love the music and admire the talent of so many of the politically and socially aware artists.

Aaron was also discussing how long term issues for black people are often totally ignored because there are so many immediate and pressing disastrous lies coming out of the current administration.  I think this is true not only for blacks but for most other minority groups and anything that hasn't become a short-term disaster.  What's even sadder is that this has the potential to become a vicious cycle of addressing only immediate, short-term issues at the term of our long-term health as a nation.

Speaking my peace @ 8:56 AM [link this]

Thoughts? |