.

The means ARE the ends

Wednesday, July 28, 2004

More DNC comments

One thing I heard that I found extremely disappointing is that (apparently), the DNC didn't have a rep at the Hip Hop Political Convention. Ralph Nader was there, though, so someone's realized the importance of those 10,000 potential votes.

I'm glad I'm not the only person who was impressed. On the off chance you missed his fabulous speech, it's here. You can get text, audio, and video.

See the man who brought the house down on Monday. Was he this good when he was President?

I'm watching Edwards speak now and he's good. He's definitely got that charismatic something that Kerry lacks but, honestly, his speech sounds more scripted than either Obama or Clinton's. He's sincere and emphatic, though, and seems genuine. I'm not sure why it's coming across as a bit slickster but it is...

Oh, almost forgot, Hillary was darn good also - good thing the DNC put her on the lineup!

One last person - I was looking for Dennis Kucinich's speech and couldn't find it on c-span but found the text here, at the Washington Post. (you'll have to create an account or sign in)

One last last thing - I've almost forgotten to mention the bloggers that are at the convention. Here are two of them:
dKos
pressthink

Complete list of all who were invited. Some were uninvited when the DNC realized it had invited too many...

Speaking my peace @ 7:34 PM [link this]

Thoughts? |