.

The means ARE the ends

Friday, May 14, 2004

Conversational spaces

I've recently had the opportunity to meet a bunch of wonderful people with whom I feel I've formed a good bond. I love creating conversational space with all of them and am feeling really blessed that they're part of my life. The experience of meeting new people, especially in a bunch, and learning about them - individually & as a group - is always exciting, challenging, intimidating, scary, and beautiful.

I feel like I might not be socially aware enough, smart enough, or broad-minded enough. This is the first time in my life I've felt like maybe I'm not smart enough for the people I'm meeting. I've always felt pretty intelligent, pretty at home in the mental realm. But I'm meeting people here who are *way* smarter than me. LOL - I never thought I'd hear myself say that! Well, I'm not here so much to make myself smarter as to learn about emotionally connecting with other people and I'm having a wonderful time :)

The whole point of this post was to say that I feel that creating safe conversational spaces is one of the more important and rewarding things we can do for each other as human beings. Creating and holding safe spaces where we can simply be with each other - without judgement or expectation - that's a special and marvelous experience. My thanks and gratitude to all who have and continue to share the experience with me.

Speaking my peace @ 3:27 PM [link this]

Thoughts? |