.

The means ARE the ends

Saturday, November 22, 2003

I'm a superheroine!

I read comic books from the time I was about 12 until I was around 30. I still take a look occasionally but I don't like the art as much as I used to. I especially don't like the way so many of the characters look like children. My favorite comic book of all time was the X-Men (Marvel), followed by (probably) Legion of Superheroes (DC). I realize that I'm crossing universes but that's just the way it is :)

I've always wanted to be Phoenix or Storm or Rogue or the Scarlet Witch any of the chicks in the Legion (Dream Girl, Dawnstar, White Witch, etc) - I've always known that those kinds of powers existed but I never knew how to tap into them. Now, with the ideas I'm forming around energetic communication, I feel that I am a superheroine after all! I feel like I have a tremendous amount of power directly related to how I understand others and how I can communicate back to them. For me, that's one of the greatest gifts of all...

They say knowledge is power and I believe that's true. Of course, you have to realize that knowledge is also relative, therefore, power is relative. HOWEVER - within the framework of what we can know and what we can have power with, I believe the knowledge of how to use our own energy is extremely empowering.

Speaking my peace @ 1:08 PM [link this]

Thoughts? |