.

The means ARE the ends

Sunday, October 12, 2003

A friend of mine was talking to me about a management class she took that focused on managing relationships with people you have difficulty with. They talked about when, where, and why communication breaks down and about three general categories people fall into: relation-oriented, information-oriented, and action-oriented. This brought on the realization (yeah, I know I may seem a bit slow) that there's a bunch of good information available on conflict resolution - probably a HUGE variety of methodologies, theories, and practical implementations. So why am I interested? What do I think I can bring to the CR table? I think I can bring a more spiritual approach. It's hard to really explain because it hasn't really taken definite shape for me yet but I know I'm on the right track.

Speaking my peace @ 5:14 PM [link this]

Thoughts? |