.

The means ARE the ends

Sunday, September 25, 2005

I want out

Classes start on Monday and, unlike my other terms, I'm not looking forward to being back in school. I've gotten what I wanted and I'm ready to leave. I just want out. My experience as a grad student has been valuable but I no longer want to be immersed in talking about and defining problems. Even though I'm working on ways to keep some emotional distance, it's all too easy to fall into that negative place.

I want to work with people, have wonderful and positive conversations, and feel that I'm actually *doing* something to transform all these negative systems and behaviors we talk about so endlessly. That's where I belong, that's what I need to be doing. These final couple of terms are just work I need to do to get there.

Speaking my peace @ 9:24 AM [link this]

Thoughts? |