.

The means ARE the ends

Tuesday, October 12, 2004

Oh, what an amazing life!

School is going SO well I'm just blown away! The class I'm mentor for, Leadership for Change, is really good. My favorite part is mentor session. I absolutely love facilitating discussion and I hope my co-learners enjoy it as much as I do. As for my education, things are starting to gel, slowly but surely. I spoke with btin, one of my advisors, this week and ran my master's project idea past her. I'm going to speak to ppara and if the project will fit with his program, I'm going to fill out the dual master's app and get the paperwork going.

The project I'm interested in is putting together a senior capstone that focuses on environmental issues/ecological justice as peacebuilding. The pieces have been floating around for about two months now but btin brought it into focus by mentioning Wangari Maathai, the Kenyan environmentalist who just won the Nobel Peace Prize. So if an environmentalist wins a peace prize, how can work on ecological issues NOT be peacebuilding?

I ran this past btin because I wanted to be clear about whether or not I could include peacebuilding as part of this project. She was pretty supportive after we clarified the connections so I'm feeling good about presenting my idea to ppara. If all goes well, I'll be swinging out of there in (probably) 1 1/2 - 2 years with two masters. Not bad atall...

Speaking my peace @ 6:43 PM [link this]

Thoughts? |