.

The means ARE the ends

Wednesday, September 29, 2004

Peacebuilding

I'm watching the movie Redemption, about Stan "Tookie" Williams - the man who helped found the Crips and then later helped bring an end to the violence between the Crips and the Bloods. I had heard almost nothing about and what I had heard didn't really sink in. I think this is going to become a piece of my self-education. CBS News did a fairly recent piece on him and he was nominated (again) for the Nobel Peace Prize last year.

Learning more about this man and his story, his transformation and the transformation that he's precipitated - his series of children's books - what an incredible story of peacemaking and peacebuilding. I'm saddened that I haven't heard more about him in my studies to date but I know it's going to be part of my studies going forward.

Speaking my peace @ 8:35 PM [link this]

Thoughts? |