.

The means ARE the ends

Friday, February 20, 2004

Firsts

Here are some firsts from this initial week in the PNW:

02/16: First time the movers met someone almost off the plane!
02/18: First shower in my new apartment
02/18: First time I've used a coin-op laundry in probably 12 years
02/19: First fight with the people hauling my car. They're gonna take the full two weeks to get here. Although I understand, they should have just said that up front & not even let me think it would be less than two weeks.
02/19: First time I've talked to someone for two hours on my cell phone
02/19: First fight with the Sprint PCS folks. They did what they could but my phone bill for the last 30 days is enormous! The rep I spoke to when I changed my plan assumed I understood a couple of vital details and I had no idea. Oh well, the 'supervisor' I ended up speaking with did lower the bill some but still...
02/19: First major meltdown over the cost of moving
02/20: First trek around the area I live in. For someone who's used to practically having to drive *everywhere*, it's really neat that I can walk to the grocery story & stuff. Also, the weather is outstanding today!
02/20: First time taking advantage of public service - I got a library card :)
02/20: First time I realized that I brought 3 boxes of linens and 5 boxes of office supplies. Oh my god...

Speaking my peace @ 3:05 PM [link this]

Thoughts? |