.

The means ARE the ends

Monday, February 23, 2004

Corporate observations

I had a chance conversation about large corporations yesterday while I was visiting Portland's Japanese gardens (an absolutely gorgeous place). During the course of this brief conversation, I realized something I hadn't really thought about before: Large corporations take on a life of their own. That sounds silly & naive to say but I believe it's absolutely true. If you talk to individuals who work for corporations like Wal-Mart, they're basically good people who don't want to cause problems for others. Probably the majority of people who work for Wal-Mart are like that. However, Wal-Mart has become a profit-driven community-breaking monstrosity.

How does this happen? Who's responsible for making this change from popular, profitable company to abusive, destructive giant? On an energetic, creative level, what change in thought began the change in direction?

Speaking my peace @ 7:44 AM [link this]

Thoughts? |